Monday, July 31, 2006

Sticks and stones won't break my bones...

but crashing my bike apparently will.

I hit a large pothole yesterday about ten miles into a ride, did an endo, and crashed hard. Fixed my bike and rode home. My right elbow got progressively more painful until a friend dragged me to the ER. Looks like I broke it, though not badly. It's in a splint now, awaiting an appointment with the orthopedist.

<whine>I can barely type code. I can't play guitar. I can't lift. And I'm going to miss RSVP this weekend because I can't ride. </whine>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam

It's Jan from Duke. How have you been? It's ironic that i happen to be in orthopedics now and just came across your blog. Hope your arm is healing well already

Email/call me sometime. Not sure how to safely post an email here on your blog....

Any suggestions?

Sam Dwarakanath said...

I'm doing well. I'm out of the splint and feeling close to 100% - just a little swelling left in the capsule by the elbow joint.

Jan, send email to shd@ our alumni domain.